Logi-BONE FPGA module with pre-loaded "Beablebone Debian Image"

Hi all,

Is that possible to use Logi-BONE FPGA module with pre-loaded "Beablebone Debian Image".
If yes then it will be really appreciated if somebody can share the simple steps to do so.

Regards,

Comments

• Hi,

If you want to use your own distribution, you will likely need to create/port the LOGI drivers to this distribution.  We currently have drivers that support debian and ubuntu.  

@jpiat has a new debian image that he can share a link.  I do not believe that it is ansgtrom though. 

• Hi,

the LOGI-Bone used pins that are shared with the eMMC. This means that for now you cannot use the LOGI-Bone with a distribution running off the eMMC. We are working on an implementation of LOGI-Bone support software that will allow this but restrict to using the the SPI interface to communicate with the Bone (means lower throughput). For now we recommend running the distribution from the sd card.

Regards,

Jonathan Piat
  • Hello Jonathan/mjones

Thank you so much for your interest and help.

I got the point.
    And today I have successfully conducted the LED blink test from Ubuntu image.

Now I have one question which is off the topic, I will really appreciate if you can guide me in that.

I want to use my beaglebone with Logi-bone as a embedded module. No need to "shut down" before powering it down.
    currently with default scenario it is not possible as frequent power offs will corrupt the OS image.

So please guide me, in which direction i should search to achieve the above.

Waiting

Thanks and Warm regards,
    Vickram