Thoughts - Suggestions - More material - feedback

Hi There,

I thought I would create a thread and ask for any feedback that you might have from you experiences using the LOGI boards to date.  All of the current tools and content for the LOGI boards are brand spanking new, so I am sure that there is room for improvement.  

Let us know if you have thoughts or suggestions for improvement on any of the current material, wiki, github, youtube, etc.

What content would you most like to see us add?  

Any other thoughts or suggestions?

Cheers!

Mike

Comments

• Hello there.

Are rather new to FGPA's. For five months practice, I'm getting okay at VHDL, but are having trouble with Wishbone buses. Looking about the net I am finding it hard to find step by step guides for writing code for and using Wishbone.

Would it be possible in future to have some walkthroughs?

I have my own VHDL code that I'd like to attach to Wishbone projects made by the skeleton editor provided here, but find it rather confusing. Some tutorials would be excellent. I've been working through the documentation at opencores.org, but it is a little imposing for a beginner like me.

(I really do hope I'm not the only one who doesn't quite 'get it'.)

Cheers...

Matt
  • HI,

very good idea ! I'am gonna provide a blank wishbone module (interfacing code already in place) and tutorial on how to create a wishbone module starting from this template. It should be available next week.

Regards,

Jonathan Piat
    interstel
  • I have started a wiki page on that matter. Please come with comments and suggestions to improve it.

http://valentfx.com/wiki/index.php?title=Create_your_custom_Wishbone_component
  • That'd be really useful. Thanks!