Wiki Quick start ambiguity

In "Activate spi support in your image" area you see this:
Edit the file /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf to match the following (you'll need to edit the file as sudo). You'll just need to comment out the spi and i2c related lines.
sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/raspi-blacklist.conf

The commented file should appear as follows:

#blacklist spi and i2c by default (many users don't need them)
#blacklist spi-bcm2708
#blacklist i2c-bcm2708

What is shown is how it should end up looking.  This would be ok if the file didn't already look like that to start out with.  It left me wondering what I was supposed to change as I already assumed the # was a comment.  I don't mean to nit pick, but someone less experienced may not understand why there is a step in the wiki that is already done for you and not know how to proceed.

Thanks,
Justin

Comments

• edited July 2014
    It appears you have been tightening up the image, leaving the wiki a bit behind  :) :

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ sudo apt-get install gcc make git
    Reading package lists... Done
    Building dependency tree
    Reading state information... Done
    gcc is already the newest version.
    git is already the newest version.
    make is already the newest version.
    0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 66 not upgraded.

and this:

pi@raspberrypi ~ $ git clone https://github.com/fpga-logi/logi-tools.git
    fatal: destination path 'logi-tools' already exists and is not an empty directory.

In then end, the image was already ready to just run the demo..... and by the way... "Ohhhhh blinky lights".  I am a sucker for blinky lights.  :)
    -J
  • Hi,

maybe the wiki is not clear on this point, but the pre-configured image is already fully configured and tested so all the steps described in the wiki does not apply. These steps are to be completed if you start from a stock raspbian image. I will complete the wiki to make that point clear.
    Thanks for the feedback.

Regards,

Jonathan Piat
    JFrodsham