Getting started - wishbone demo

Help me get going please.
So far I downloaded the image "logibone_r1_ubuntu_v4.img"
Used the loader to successfully run the led_blink. - Good
Git/cloned the projects repository and made a slightly modified blink sequence, generated the bit file and transfered and loaded it with success. - Good

Next step was to try the wishbone demo.
I loaded the bit file and followed the tests described in the README but the values read are incorrect.
Here are the commands and responses.

ubuntu@arm:~/Logi-apps/wishbone$ sudo logi_loader logibone_wishbone_r1.bit
0+1 records in
0+1 records out
340706 bytes (341 kB) copied, 0.985967 s, 346 kB/s
ubuntu@arm:~/Logi-apps/wishbone$ sudo ./read_wishbone 0x0000
0x0   (Should read 0xdead  according to README)
ubuntu@arm:~/Logi-apps/wishbone$ sudo ./read_wishbone 0x0001
0x0  (Should read 0xbeef  according to README)
ubuntu@arm:~/Logi-apps/wishbone$ sudo ./read_wishbone 0x0002
0x0
ubuntu@arm:~/Logi-apps/wishbone$ sudo ./write_wishbone 0x0002 0x1234
Writing 0x1234 @ 0x2
ubuntu@arm:~/Logi-apps/wishbone$ sudo ./read_wishbone 0x0002
0x0    (Should read 0x1234  as written above)
ubuntu@arm:~/Logi-apps/wishbone$  

Anyone any ideas ?

Comments

• Hi,

did yuo flash your logibone cape ? There is a deploy folder in the ubuntu home directory and a init_eeprom.sh script. Run this script as sudo to configure your cape eeprom then reboot.

regards,

Jonathan Piat
  • Sorted!
    Thanks, that was very quick.
    Camera demo works as well now.

I image you have a very log "to do list" at this stage but that is a step for the logibone quick start guide ( or was in too much of a hurry and missed it?)

Thanks agai
  • You are right we need to add this setp to the guide. At first we thought of integrating this step at the manufacturing stage so a flashed board would arrive at your door step, but we completed the (true) linux integration too late. We will soon have an update for both the kernel and the eeprom so you can also use SPI to communicate with the FPGA in your future projects (spi is disabled in current kernel).

Regards,

Jonathan Piat
  • In fact this setp was already in the wiki Logi-Bone Quick Start guide, "First boot of the logi-image". Another solution could be that we provide a linux image setup to flash the eeprom automatically on first boot.