LogiBone Dipswitches

Hi,
   The silk screen say user, and the Wiki says the same..... why is there tape over the switches?  I just checked, LogiPi has it too. BTW.... just powered up the BBB and LogiBone for the first time (I have had a BB White for awhile).  Looking forward to having some fun.

-Justin

Comments

• Hi Justin,

What do you mean by: "The silk screen say user, and the Wiki says the same....." ?   The tape is to allow the pick and place machines to have flat surface for the suction tip to properly pick up the part and place it.  You'll see the same thin on my USB and other porous surfaced parts.  

Good luck taking them for a spin.  Logi apps will get you going th fastest the latest logi-images on the repo.  There are quite a few more logi-apps for the pi currently so you may want to start there.

Cheers and congrats on freeing up some time for play!

Mike
  • By that i just meant... the silk screen and wiki imply the switches are for me :)...  The tape made me nervous as I saw that as "Don't change these switches or bad things will happen". 

Thanks,
    Justin
  • Consider it a christmas present all wrapped and ready for the ripping off of the wrapping!  HO HO HO.

:)