Multi camera project

Hi, i'm new with the FPGA and i want to know if it's possible to read 4 cameras from the logi-PI, proccess the images (convert color image to black and white) and then send them to the raspberry to used those images later. And if it is possible, how many fps can i read (camera of 640x480)?

Thank you

Comments

• On the logipi the max bandwidth we get is 2MByte/s, a VGA image is 300kB, 4 camera would give 1.2MB  so you can only expect ~1FPS ...
  • So, according to that,  if i only get one camera i just could expect ~6FPS? I thought that i could proccess more images with FPGA
  • The FPGA can process the image at high rate (for example doing sobel at 60fps is "easy") but transferring the image to the processor is not possible at high rate for the logi-pi. Other platforms like zedboard are more suitable for this kind of task.
  • But, would it be possible binarizing the images, and then, those images would occupy a few kB so i could transfer then to the raspberry? or the problem is that i can't read the images from the cameras?
  • edited May 2016
    You can sure the use the FPGA to binarize or compress the images before transferring to the CPU, but this depends on what your application needs. WIth the logi-pi, you cannot connect 4 camera because theres is not enough pins for four of the camera modules. You will need to find a way to build an adapter.
  • Ok, thank you very much. Where can i buy a logi cam? (I can't find it on internet) I want to start doing something with the logi-pi and a camera.