Problems getting up and running with blink app

I have downloaded the logibone_150429_ubuntu-14.04-console-armhf-2014-08-13.img, written it to an SD card, booted off it OK, logged in via SSH and then flashed it to my BeagleBone Black eMMC (by commentating the line in /boot/uEnv.txt on the SD card and booting up from the card). So far so good. 

I have run the install_logibone.sh (cd ~/logi-tools then sudo ./install_logibone.sh) but, two error messages appeared in the output:

Settin up cape eeprom ID ...............
Error: Write failed
Error: Write failed

When I try to boot with the LogiBone attached to the BeagleBone, it doesn't boot now (it never appears on the network, connecting a HDMI cable, you see the Penguin logo but, after it disappears, the login prompt never appears as it would do otherwise). The USR LED 0 is still double blinking as normal but, there is no other sign of life from the Beaglebone Black. If I disconnect the LogiBone, it boots fine. I have tried with a second LogiBone board and, the same thing happened. 

The version number printed on both LogiBones is R1.5.1. 

I tried running the Blink demo before I rebooted (sudo ./make_demo.sh while in ~/logi-apps/blink_led_app). The output of the make_demo script was

LOGI_LOADER VERSION : 0.1.0
Compiled for LOGI-BONE 
Board variant is LOGIBONE_R1.5 
can't open SPI spi_device
can't open SPI bus 
No logi-board detected !!

Comments

• Solved. I had flashed the SD image to the eMMC and, it doesn't seem to work then but, if it is run from the SD card, it seems to work fine. I am still unclear as to why exactly but, at least the Blink app works fine.