Need help with running camera application on Logi-bone

I bought an OV7725 camera  from e-bay and followed the wiring  to the Logi-bone using the schematic  in the PMOD Camera adapter drawing  Rev R1.0.   I could not get the video to stream.

I did notice that in the logi-apps/imgproc_app folder, the bit file is logibone_camera_R1_7670.bit. When I run the  make_demo.sh to start the streaming, it does ask for the option to specify the camera type. So even specifying the camera type as 7725, it will still be loading the bit file corresponding to the 7670 camera.

I am wondering if this is realted to my problem.

My other question on that same schematic, where is the T1 pin connected to FSIN on the OV7725 CAM header going to?   The OV7725 CAM HEADER  also does not show a  connection to the RSTB  pin on the camera but I see that Pin 1 on PMOD1 is connected to RST line, same as Pin 7 on PMOD1  and PWD DWN on the OV7725 CAM Header .  So I am confused  why this is so in the schematic. Isnt' PWR DWN  active HIGH while Reset is Active Low so they should not be connected to one another?

I have a Logi-Bone  R1.5.1. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• The configuration for the ov7725 sensor is slightly different so you'll need to re-generate the application for this sensor. I 'll try to do this for you tomorrow.

The rst line has to be controlled in a different way if you work with a ov7670 or ov7725. This is why the  project has to be rebuild for a ov7725.
  • I started comparing the datasheets for the ov7670 vs ov7725 for pin reset.   Is this the different way that you are referring to?
    in ov7670 
         RESET =  0 - Normal mode
                          1 -  Reset mode

in ov7725
         RSTB  -    system reset input , active low  
                 which I interpret as
                           0 - Reset
                           1 - Normal mode

So they are reversed?

I attached snapshots from the datasheets that I got. I am surprised that they have to change the polarity and even the names.

Reset ov7725 vs ov7670.png
    1158 x 718 - 38K
  • Any update on when you could provide instructions on making it work for the ov7725?
  • To run with the ov7725 you should only need to uncomment the line :
    for all : yuv_register_rom use entity work.yuv_register_rom(ov7725_qvga);
    and comment the one related to ov7670.

I need to order a new ov7725 as i cannot get my hand on the module i used to perform the tests ... Do you have a ov7670 module that you can use just to make sure everything else is working fine ?
  • I have just ordered an ov7670, but I will  let you know the results of my test.