I am new here

I brought a new Logi Pi with Raspberry pi,
I am a high school student and I don't know much about FPGA, but I want to learn and I did learn some VHDL,
However, I am thinking to implement this on my Logi PI

http://opencores.org/project,ao68000

Is this possible on LOGI PI, Or is there some other way I can see my LOGI PI to become a Motorola 68000 and booting a Linux m68k :)

I am sure you people gonna help me out, this what my Summer course is all about :)

Comments

• Hi,

This seems like a very interesting project. If you succeed you will end up with a neo/retro computing platform ! The core as presented on opencores should fit on the spartan 6, but you will have to tweak the project because it may use some resources specific to Altera FPGAs.

You will also be able to get the Pi to communicate with the 68000 through UART or use the LOGI-EDU to add a VGA display.

Do you have any idea of the SDRAM requirements to run the m68k Linux port ?

This may be a very hard project if you just started to learn FPGA/HDL but sometime a ambitious goal help with the motivation. Keep us updated and we will help you as much as possible.

Regards,

Jonathan piat
  • edited July 2015
    Hi , 
    Thanks for your reply, I guess Linux-m68k will require atleast 16 MB ram, but I am not sure. I also want to know what is the size of RAM present on Logi-Pi. I just googled and somewhere it was written as 32MB, is this value correct ?

Thanks for the help :)

Regards
    Nakul