Board revision history?

Hi,

I placed an order at E14 for a Logi-Bone back in January this year, and after about 6 weeks E14 told me they couldn't fulfill the order and the item was no longer available (i.e. bad luck). Then, out of the blue, 2 days ago I received an invoice and Logi-Bone turned up on my desk yesterday; the communication from E14 was a bit odd but it's awesome that I've finally got one! 
However, I a bit confused about the revisions and naming of these boards. The one I've been delivered is labeled "LOGI-Bone R.1.5.1" but I haven't been able to find much in the way of documentation on the changes/difference between this rev and previous ones, and now E14 are advertising LOGI-Bone V2. I can't find any revision history, release notes, blog entries or wiki pages with any decent information about changes. Can someone please point me in the general direction, or give me a rundown on the release history of these boards?

Cheers,
Matt 

Comments

• edited May 2015
    Hi Matt,

Sorry for the confusion.  And yes it is confusing!  The R1.5.1 and V2 are the same.  We were not aware E14 was going to call them V2 and the PCBs were already designed.  I am making changes to documentation that will align with the E14 information.  E14 is officially planning on "re-releasing" the boards on May 26, at which point we were planning on having all the documentation in order.  We are currently working on it.

Here is the latest image for the LOGI bone  V2 (R1.5.1) board:

Here is a link to the schematics V1 (R1.0) and V2 (R1.5.1)

With the new image, I believe that all of the instructions for the LOGI bone are the same.  I believe all that you will need to do is to run the "setup" script to load the logi-bone with the correct eeprom device overlay data for the BBB to properly configure.    Instructions here:

Until the documentation is officially updated here is a general listing of changes to all of the V2 boards:

LOGI Bone Version 2 (R1.5.1) Change Listing
    FCC and CE Compliance
    The LOGI Bone design has undergone testing to meet FCC and CE certifications.  

GPIO Expander
    An smaller I2C GPIO expander was added  to handle FPGA IO control during programming.  

Micro-USB connector for Power
    A Micro-USB connector was added to allow additional power to be supplied to the LOGI board in the case of high powered applications or for use as a standalone board.  

Increased Flash size from 16Mbit to 32Mbit
    A new SPI flash was used which increases the memory from 16Mbit to a 32Mbit.

SPI Buffer to FPGA and Flash
    An IO buffer was added on the BBB SPI pins that allow the SPI port to be isolated from the Flash chip pins when not being used for FPGA configuration.  The Flash chip can then be directly accessed from the FPGA without conflicting with communication between the BeagleBone and the FPGA.  
  • Wow! Thank you for the very quick and informative response. 

Regards,
    Matt
  • Keeps us posted on your experience - hope the new changes come in handy. Keep us posted if we miss any of the needed documentation.  

Cheers!