Out of stock

Seems like the boards are out of stock everywhere, except the EDU kit. Is there any hint when more will become available (either for Pi or Bone)?

Also, I suspect the answer is yes, but does the Logi-Pi board work with the PI-2? (of course, those are out of stock too :( )

Comments

• Hi @ajbean

Thanks for the post.  E14 and parteners are requiring that we go through full FCC class and CE compliance which is extremely rigorous and difficult to meet, especially with the high speed nature of FPGA technology.  E14 agreed to sell the previous batch without compliance but are requiring all new boards to meet this requirement.  

We are currently going through the compliance process and in the early stages of MFG the next batch of compliant LOGI boards.  Unfortunately it is currenlty CNY in china and the MFG/compliance process is shut down until the end of Feb, which is slowing the process.  

If all goes well the remaining boards will be finished late march and will be stocked at E14 and partners.  

Where there is currently no stock on E14, I can sell you my remaining stock of LOGI boards of which I have all variants.  Please email Support at valentfx.com if you are interested.

Yes, the LOGI Pi has been test to work with the Pi2, though there wer some minor changes to the SPI interfaces driver (only the adress mapping).  

Cheers!
    ajbean
  • Thanks for the awesome reply. I should probably wait until after I defend and deposit my PhD (soon!) to get any time-consuming toys. If I change my mind, i'll send that email.
  • Congrats on the PhD.  EE?  Keep us posted on thoughts for any of the work you are doing!

cheers
  • Yes, EE, but nothing to do with FPGAs. Even more reason to start with this platform.

Thanks,
    AJB.
  • I see the vendors are still out of stock. What is the progress on the releasing the LOGIBone?
  • E14 received an initital low QTY order on April 7 of bone/pi/edu boards.  I do not know how they distribute to their global distributors or if they only fullfill backoders with these.  Nor do I know how long the process is to update the the stock status.  But, I do know it will vary per geographic area. 

A large volume of bone/pi/edu (400+/400+/100) boards will ship next week.  We will follow up with MFG of another round of boards soon after so that we do not hit the gap in stock issue again.

Cheers!
  • That is good to hear. I'll have the LOGIBone on my wish list for my birthday in 2 weeks.
  • Are there any significant differences between the new compliant boards and the first run boards? Thanks.