New products: future plans?

12 months later....
Time for a review?
How's it been?
What's up?
What's planned?

is there a new Kickstarter in the works?

regards

Jay

Comments

• Hi Jay!

Very good question.  Not sure how much we can say, but we sure do have some design coming down the pike.  I am not sure that we will do a kickstarter as we are now working closely with E14, who we may well likely release them through.

We are still working on stabalizing the MFG chain of logi-pi and logi-bone and are finalizing FCC/CE testing to allow them to be sold in EU and with no issues to "consumers" in addition to "engineers".  It has been a bit of learning process and some hard knocks figuring all of this out, but we are gaining traction and hope the future releases of boards will be reltively streamlined with respect to these issues.

Our main focus is on FPGA development with MCU/CPUs so we are looking out how this best fits in with the current MCU/CPU ecosystem.  Additionally our focus is on making the boards as straight forward as possible for even beginning users to work with.  You will see these as the focus in new products that we hope to have out this year.

The most valuable thing that we can gain from users is feedback on their user experience and suggestions of what they think could be better or features that may be missing.  We hope to push missing elements in the new products.  

Do you have thoughts and suggestions?

Cheers,

Mike
  • I've collected a few papers on FPGA - GPU over PCIe communication

Had you considered this?

ie Nvidia Jetson or had you another idea?

regards

~:"
  • We are currently looking into some GTP options which would offer PCIe.  Indeed this would enable many types of high bandwidth interfaces such as the suggested GPU, though we have not looked specifically at the GPU usage.

Cheers!
  • i have something to say on this topic .  I am vision developer and with the current board everything is ok which i really would like to happen is following

1) Direct programming with FPGA is still difficult . with different sensor integration and Memory management

2) Implementing Vision algorithm on FPGA is still difficult even of seasoned embedded developer.

3) there are some solution GPU based IP : a soft processor IP which can eaily handle design and development in  standard C . GPU soft processor handles CMOS or CCD interface . DDR memory managment .

Best of all it should handle image processing algorithm . so GCC C based GPU can do it . i would be very easy to do things on FPGA .

• maybe you are thinking of openCL as in:

SDAccel Development Environment from Xilinx

regards

~:"

but afaict this is  currently Intel only
  • You might consider looking at AHIR.  It's an LLVM backend, designed mainly with clang in mind to convert C/C++ idioms and code directly to synthesizeable VHDL.  I've not used it yet, but it's the front-runner in what I'm planning on doing ultimately for part of my project- so we'll see.
  • Hope you @madscientist_42 you report back and let us know how your experience with AHIR went.