Logi-bone with Debian (BeagleBone, BeagleBone Black - 2GB SD) 2014-04-23 help

crccrc
edited April 2014 in LOGI-Bone Discussion
I'm wondering if someone can help me get the logi-bone running with the latest Debian located here or 
let me know where to find some documentation about it. 

Thanks

Comments

• Hi,

i haven't tried debian yet, but i assume that it is using the same kernel as the Ubuntu distro. I have a set of patch for the linux kernel at
    git://github.com/RobertCNelson/linux-dev.git

I can do the setup for the pre-compiled image, all it takes is to determine the kernel version so i can recompile the kernel with the logibone related files.

Previously we were using a manual loading of the logibone device tree configuration and kernel module, and we recently moved to integrating the logibone into the kernel so it can be loaded on startup. I still have to work a bit on the patch set so i can make sure it will work with most of the kernel version and then i'll fully document the procedure.

Regards,
  • Hi again,

i just checked http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardDebian and it seems that the 2014-02-16 image of debian for the beaglebone rely on the exact same kernel as Ubuntu. I'll generate an image for you using this kernel.

Regards,

Jonathan Piat
    valentfx
  • Hi,

here is a link to the latest debian realease for beaglebone customized for raspbian.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/da4gopubk0ayslm/logibone_r1_debian_2014-04-18.img.zip

On the first run, you'll need to go to the deploy directory and execute the init_eeprom.sh script to load the cape EEPROM. Then you'll need to re-boot the beaglebone and everything should be working fine !  I did not have a 2GB sd card on hand so the image is for a 4GB sd card.

Regards,

Jonathan Piat
    valentfx
  • Hi evey one,
    Thanks very much for your help with this. I'm downloading it now. I use a 16 GB class 10 sd card and I expand the partition to the maximum.

Thanks again

Craig
    valentfx
  • It seems that we will make our way to the official beaglebone kernel, so expect the upcoming Debian/Ubuntu/Angstrom distribution to include logibone support !

Tell me if you have any problem running the debian image, i tested it created/tested it today so you are a beta tester on this.
    valentfxmjones