Problem with running blink test. 'Init pin not going high!'

2»

Comments

• I don't have a BrickPi myslef, and i also don't understand how they could break the i2c ... One possibility is that they change the default speed for I2C to be 1MHz and that our expander would not support that data-rate ... Did i2c-1 appeared in /dev ?
  • I was guessing brickpi sets the i2c to a higher rate. I've posted a question to dexter's forum, hopefully I'll have an answer.

once I got it working with a clean image on both Raspi 1 B+ and Raspi 2 B, everything looked normal and I was able to run the sample in logi-apps
  • I see in BrickPi's install script, it sets this

init_uart_clock=32000000

would that cause the i2c issue? I'm not totally clear on which setting affects i2c.

thanks

• After a lot of trial and error, I managed to get both Logi blink test and brickpi's motor test running simultaneously. It turns out the init_uart_clock=32000000 wasn't the issue. If I set lower, it causes brickpi to not work. I got it to work by commenting out 2 things in brickpi's driver install script.

sudo apt-get dist-upgrade

echo "Disabling Serial Port Login..."
    if grep -q "console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200" /boot/cmdline.txt; then
        sudo sed -i -e 's/console=ttyAMA0,115200 kgdboc=ttyAMA0,115200//g' /boot/cmdline.txt
    else
        echo "Already Disabled"
    fi

After I comment out those two parts, I got both to work. One thing I still need to figure out is why I get a fatal spi-dev module error on startup after I install brickpi drivers.
  • here is a quick video showing both LOGi Pi and BrickPi working at the same time, thanks for the tips and help.

mjones
  • I got rid of the stupid "fatal: module spi-dev not found" by running raspi-config and turning off device tree. thought I mention that in case anyone else encounters that stupid error with the latest raspbian.
  • Glad you got it working @woolfel.  I can't see how there is any way that the uart would conflict.  I would guess that it must be with one of the upgraded packages using the "sudo apt-get dist-upgrade".  We will work on getting an updated image that has upgraded packages and working logi tools.  

Hopefully you can get onto the fun stuff.  

• thanks.

I'm just glad I figured out what was causing the issue. Though I don't think it was the dist-upgrade by itself that caused the i2c error. I suspect it is caused by disabling serial port login, which caused a communication error. the uart definitely has nothing to do with it.

• Thanks for the response Jonathan. All I had to do was write the os image you posted to an sdhc and run it.