Problem with waterfall - Win7 Pro & Chrome

Hi John,

Something has started to happen with Chrome.

The waterfall doesn't always display properly again when scrolled left or right, and it sometimes requires a F5 refresh to start it up again.

I don't know when this started version wise, as I haven't used the KiWi quite as much recently, but I used it quite a lot today and noticed it fairly frequently.

I think may have had a similar problem once before. Has anyone else noticed this ?

Regards,

Martin - G8JNJ

image 





Comments

  • Any idea if this happens with W10? I don't have a W7 machine..
    What version of Chrome? Is "F5" the same as a browser reload? (I don't use Windows if I can help it)

  • Hi John,

    Sorry I don't have WIN 10.

    Chrome Version 63.0.3239.84 (Official Build) (64-bit)

    F5 is a browser refresh.

    Regards,

    Martin - G8JNJ


  • I updated my W10 machine to the same Chrome version and couldn't replicate the problem. It would be interesting to know if there is a repeatable sequence of actions, especially page up/down proceeded/followed by a zoom change. The code to handle fixing up the waterfall after frequency + zoom changes is very complicated and subtle. Lots of corner cases. It took a long time to get right. There may still be problems with it although this is the first complaint in a long time.

  • Hi

    Windows 10 Pro - set to approximately the same frequencies and zoom levels as your picture, no problem.

    Only differences, Windows Edge as the browser and nowhere as many tags as you have showing, could that be a problem?

    GaryG in Vancouver, BC

  • Hi John,

    I couldn't find an obvious combination of scrolls and zooms that triggered the problem. 

    It may just be a browser / PC hiccup associated with Windows memory usage or something similar.

    Don't worry too much about it - I'll update the thread if I find a surefire way of making it happen.

    Regards,

    Martin - G8JNJ
  • Hi Martin,

    for some reason the waterfall is not displayed on your public KiwiSDR - one can see how the 1st line is updated but everything below stays black. I am using Chrome 62.0.3202.94 (Official Build) (64-bit) on OSX. Your private KiwiSDR is OK, and also all other KiwiSDRs I am using.

    Best regards
    Christoph
  • Looks okay here using OS X 10.11.6 (El Cap), Chrome 63.0.3239.108 (Official Build) (64-bit)

  • Hi Christoph,

    OK - thanks for the update.

    Both my Public and Private KiWi's have the same build and the antenna switching extension installed, so I don't know why there should be a difference between the two.

    Anyway I've rebooted the Public KiWi to see if that will help.

    Regards,

    Martin - G8JNJ
Sign In or Register to comment.