Logi-Pi R1.5.1 schematic pdf

edited November 2015 in LOGI-Pi Discussion
Hi,

When I open the schematic sch-logi-pi-r1_5_1.pdf which I've downloaded from GitHub at logi-boards/fpga-boards/logi-pi/PRJ-DOC/sch/ I get an error message (actually the JavaScript debugger window) from Acrobat complaining about some JavaScript errors (Using Acrobat X Pro V10.0.16).  If I dismiss the JavaScript debugger I can read the document OK, except that I can't left-click on components past the first schematic page - clicking on a component (for example D3) brings up a list of its type and a stack of other component parameters from Altium Designer.  Any components on subsequent pages in the schematic generate another JavaScript debugger window and I don't get the parameter list.  I'm assuming that it's probably a bug in the Altium PDF export.

If I open the pdf with Adobe Reader X (ie not the Pro version witht he extra functionality) I don't get the JavaScript debugger popup, but neither do the component properties show up on the second and subsequent schematic pages - I guess it just doesn't have the JavaScript debugging capability of the Pro version so is just ignoring the error and failing silently.

Could you possibly have a look at it and see if you get the same errors?  Perhaps it might be worth re-running the Altium OutJob in a newer version of AD to see if the issue (assuming it's not just me) has been resolved?

Regards,
Trevor

Comments

• Hi Trevor.  Thanks for pointing this out.  Attached is a pdf generated from AD16.  It seems to be working correctly on my side.  Let me know if it works for you and I will replace the one on github.
    pdf
    pdf
    LOGI-PI_R1_5_150325.pdf
    1M
  • That works perfectly, thanks :)  The R1.1 schematic pdf had the same faults too, I guess it might be useful for people using that version to update that one if it's not too much bother.

It would be great too if you could generate a PDF3D from AD16, they're very useful for tracking down stuff on the PCB because you can spin them around and zoom in and out and highlight components and nets, see for example the attached file.  We use them now as part of the assembly information for the techs here and they really like them.

Thanks for sorting out the schematic,
    Trevor
    pdf
    pdf
    P0311.pdf
    2M